• Foundation role – grow safety
• Business expanding
• Flexible working environment
Lay the foundations for safety. Expanding company committed to safety in the workplace. Waste management experience an advantage
About the company
Providing simple and effective ways to rid households and commercial enterprise of scrap metal and waste, our client is in expansion mode and on a mission to provide better service and better outcomes to their customers.
Building the structure of their business means building the structure of their workplace, with the safety of their staff and customers at the forefront. The business currently operates 2 sites in Auckland and 1 in Hawkes Bay.
About the role
This is the opportunity to be involved in the development of both safety process and safety culture in the workplace. Well supported by senior management, this role will be responsible for the creation of process and the implementation of process within the business, providing guidance and training where necessary.
Solid legislative knowledge and the ability to engage and mentor means you will be the go-to person for safety and have input into future strategy. Based at the main site, which operates day and night, you’ll be able to flex your start and finish times to suit. Travel to Hawkes Bay will be required on a monthly basis.
Duties will include
• Risk assessment and SOP development
• Setting and maintaining audit schedules
• Maintenance and management of training records and safety registers
• Injury management and return to work programs
• Ensuring safe work is consistently undertaken
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will need proven experience in a similar environment and show the ability to identify risk, create process and create successful outcomes. Your days will be varied and you’ll approach challenges head on and with a smile.
• Relevant OSH qualification
• Solid working knowledge of the HSWA
• Strong communication skillset both written and verbal
• Great organisational skillset
• Confident in training, facilitation and presenting at all levels
• Full, clean NZ drivers’ licence
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. You must have the relevant visa to work in New Zealand prior to application.
If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 021 0818 7342 quoting reference #3246.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People