• Active, hands on role
• Great regional location
• NZ based company with growing global influence
Provide practical on-site safety advice, training and solutions in this busy manufacturing environment
To be eligible for this role you must be currently based in NZ with the right to work in place.
About the role
Providing site-based health and safety advice and support, you will champion and support the improvement of health, safety and environmental processes. Working as part of the wider site team, you will ensure managers are kept up to date with relevant legislation and safe work practices, providing reports and analysis as required to support this.
As Chair of the health and safety committee, you have the opportunity to directly influence workplace culture and provide relevant guidance. The successful candidate will have input into the review of existing processes and be involved in coordinating shutdowns, conducting HSE training and guiding audits and risk assessments.
• Coordinate and support HSE Committee
• Maintain the injury management process and health monitoring
• Maintain all registers and site documentation
• Deliver training where appropriate
• Mentor and coach operational staff in safety process and procedure
Skills and experience
Applicants will ideally be familiar with processes for plant shutdown, LOTO and Permit to Work. Experience in training others in these procedures would be an advantage. You’ll attend daily site meetings and provide guidance on safety issues, while ensuring company procedures are followed.
This role may suit a trainer or operations-based candidate who wishes to extend their practical knowledge of health and safety in a manufacturing environment.
• Proven experience in manufacturing; timber or wood processing is an advantage
• Minimum Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
• Training and Assessment Certificate would be advantageous
• Well developed administrative skills and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• A solutions focussed approach and ability to work as part of a wider team
About the company
Our client is a NZ based wood products manufacturer with a growing global clientele. Committed to sustainability and the environment, they are also committed to their people and the part they play in achieving success.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website:
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. We are unable to consider overseas applicants for this role.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 021 0818 7342 quoting reference #3212.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz