This is a key role developing H&S culture at an important and dynamic regional processing site.
• Career development opportunity in beautiful Northland.
• Collaborate as part of a National H&S team.
• Successful New Zealand based business who support local communities.
This is a large New Zealand based company producing innovative building products supplying to local and global markets. It all starts with their sustainable forestry operations, through to their modern and efficient wood processing mills. Over 25 years this business has built a reputation of market leading innovation and have become a key economic and cultural contributor to their local communities.
The business is looking for a capable Health & Safety Advisor to be the Northland H&S site leader, maintaining and improving all areas of site H&S in line with centralised business strategy and guidelines.
This site has a great track record of Health & Safety, reporting to the National Health & Safety Manager, you will lead the ongoing improvement and maintenance of the Northland processing sites.
You will build relationships across all levels of the sites to ensure a positive proactive H&S culture is lived. Working alongside the senior management team you will show the capability and EQ to influence dynamic relationships to improve the overall site H&S success.
As you report to the Nationalised Team you will meet daily to collaboratively look, contribute and ensure each sites individual needs are being addressed to meet the overall goals.
Your main areas of focus will be Planning & Policy, Compliance & Risk Assessment and Training & Capability.
Using your advisory mindset you will work alongside many internal and external stakeholders providing guidance and clear instruction on a wide range of H&S protocols.
Skills & Experience
• Track record of improving and maintaining H&S Culture in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships across varying levels and divisions of a business.
• Resilience and consistency to work through challenges on the way to overall achievement.
• Able to alter approach in varying situations to motivate to those who are more reluctant towards change.
For further information and a confidential discussion, you can contact Theo Lawson on 021 710 743.