• 12-month Health and Safety Advisor position
• Large scale, fast moving manufacturing site
• Iconic NZ company with a well-established safety culture
Our food manufacturing client requires an experienced Health and Safety Advisor who will make a strong contribution to the Health and Safety team
Our food manufacturing client requires an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to provide BAU support for a 12-month fixed term period. Previous experience of managing safety in a food manufacturing or FMCG environment would be highly desirable.
Reporting to the site-based Health and Safety Manager, the role sits within an established team, supporting operations across the site.
Communication will come easily to you, as will your clear and innovative delivery of Health and Safety. As a trusted advisor you will partner with operational leaders, building effective relationships. As the site is a Major Hazard Facility, there will be a specific focus on increasing awareness to the risk associated with this.
• Provide health and safety support and advice to all stakeholders
• Support culture change through coaching
• Implement health and safety strategies and systems, working to best practice model
• Provide oversight and technical expertise
• Ensure strong management of potential catastrophic, acute, chronic and occupational hygiene risks
• Work alongside the health and safety team to develop and refresh the strategy and associated supporting activity
• Monitor and audit compliance
• Ensure fit for purpose solutions are identified to control risk
Skills and experience required
• Diploma in OHS or associated qualification required
• Practical working knowledge of NZ legislation
• Influential, motivating - can do attitude
• Great energy and engagement skillset
• Knowledge of MHF requirements or Process Safety would be advantageous
• Proactive and outcome focussed
• Knowledge of accident investigation and route cause analysis
• Experience within a production orientated environment
• Excellent communication skillset – both written and oral
Our client is a NZ major food manufacturing company with sites throughout the country. They are the recognised market leaders in the field with a strong international presence.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the website: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-and-safety-advisor-12-month-ftc-3184-whareroa-taranaki/.
Applications are welcome from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan Cooke on 09 281 2724 or 027 584 0066 quoting reference #3184.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz