• 10-month FTC or contracting opportunity
• Hamilton location with regular field-based work
• Highly autonomous and collaborative role
We are seeking a safety superstar for this paternity cover role. You will build relationships and work closely with operations
Our client is one of New Zealand’s largest owners and operators of gas networks, with over 165,000 customers nationally. A value led business, they aim to deliver operational Health and Safety excellence.
The purpose of this role is to deliver exceptional Health and Safety support to the business. You will provide a highly visible safety presence at the sites; ensuring H&S best practice is integral to all operations. You will contribute to the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of HSEQ policies, processes and management systems.
This role is based in Hamilton with regular regional travel required.
• Assist with the delivery of the HSQE Plan at the business and Branch/site levels
• Provide H&S technical information, advice and support to all staff and contractors
• Promote the use and continuous development of safety systems
• Lead Incident Investigations (Taproot or ICAM)
• Hazard and Risk Management
• Advice and support for Hazardous Substances management
• Support contractor management processes (pre-qual, audits etc)
• Site Audits and Surveys
• Close out reporting and remedial actions
• Participate in process safety initiatives, analysis, and investigations
Skills and experience include:
• Experience in a H&S Advisor position within an industrial or high-risk environment
• Good understanding of legislation and familiar with ICAM or Taproot investigation models
• Relevant tertiary qualifications
• Good level of IT literacy
• Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
• Exceptional written communication skills
• Resilient by nature
• Proactive, energetic, and enthusiastic
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan Cooke on 021 584 0066 quoting reference #3475.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People