· Committed to diversity and inclusion
· Supportive of continued professional development
· Excellent working location and 4% KiwiSaver Employee Contribution
Advise and support managers and staff to keep aviation safe and secure.
About the role
Supporting the Senior Health and Safety Advisor, this role contributes to the development and implementation of health and safety initiatives across the company.
Conducting interpersonal relationships and effectively and positively communicating with external and internal customers are key to the delivery, development, maintenance and implementation of the HS policies and culture.
You will have high-motivation and influential skills to partner with the business and coach managers on health and safety topics including the ability to model and advocate for best practise.
· Provide accurate and up-to-date advice and information on health and safety matters
· Support and drive a positive and engaging health and safety culture
· Coach and train committee members and managers to enhance their knowledge, confidence and capability
· Contribute to the development of HS initiatives, projects, policies and procedures
· Ensure the quality of HS data and statistics for reporting purposes
· Manage workplace investigations including incident, accident, near miss
· Work with stakeholders and industry bodies on the RTW plans for staff
· Advise on and coordinate internal and external audits
· Liaise with industry bodies and stakeholders on health and safety matters
Skills and experience
· HS tertiary qualification with prior experience in a HS Advisor role
· Experience working within the public sector or a complex organisational environment
· High Risk experience required
· Aviation experience is desirable
· HS auditing knowledge
· Strong writing, reporting and analytical skills
· Systematic thinker with the ability to handle change and re-reprioritise work
About the company
Inaugurated in the early 1990s and operating as a crown entity, our client believes every single person in NZ’s aviation community is accountable for safety and security.
Operating in two segments, they are responsible for the regulation of aviation security and rules across the country and security of passengers, luggage and access to airports.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion drive the principals and operations of this business.
How to apply
Click Apply If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda for a confidential chat on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3003.
Applications are welcomed from NZ citizens and residents or candidates who hold a current work visa.
Not quite what you are looking for? Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz