• High profile – fully accountable senior position
• Complex, high-risk environment
• Develop and execute strategy – build on positive culture
Lead the way to proactive and sustainable safety and wellbeing success, through solid strategy, implementation, engagement and empowerment of staff.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand.
About the company
With people being recognised as their biggest asset, the organisation employs more than 600 staff over a diverse range of professions and across various departments, such as Multi-Cargo (vehicles, bulk, Pacific trade), Marine, Engineering, Container Terminal Operations, and the main office support functions, along with numerous contractors being onsite.
About the role
As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will report to the GM of Safety and Wellbeing and manage and mentor a team of Safety and Wellbeing Business Partners.
You will play a significant part in the development and implementation of the strategy, in order to create a positive culture and build on the positive relationship with staff, customers, contractors and strategic partners.
Relationships are critical to the roles success, and you will be comfortable working with internal and external parties at all levels including both WorkSafe and Maritime NZ as Regulators.
A sample of duties include:
• Risk Management – subject matter expert required to provide support and education
• Be fully competent in legislative and safe operational requirements for that of a PCBU with complex and high-risk activities undertaken by both staff and multiple contractors
• Contractor Management – ensure suitable and sufficient systems management, information, instruction training and supervision is in place
• Emergency Management – review and implement continuous improvements
• Proactive Safety Leadership and team management
• Oversee and support significant incident investigations – ensure timely and accurate close out and implementation of corrective actions
Skills and experience
This is a senior level role and as such we anticipate you will have significant experience working within a complex, high-risk environment, with numerous stakeholders all vying for your attention.
You will have a strong ability to mentor and influence change, through great communication and engagement as well as uplifting capability with your direct reports, building a strong and sustainable health and safety team.
You will also have:
Sound knowledge and experience of relevant legislation, as well as:
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent tertiary level qualification
• Emergency planning background and experience
• Leading Teams – in complex environment/people management
• Lead Audit qualification
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3860.
Essential: Registration with a relevant professional body and/or undergoing CPD is expected.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People