• Experience or affinity with the rural sector is highly desirable
• High level HSW experience in complex organisation required
• Significant career opportunity, providing counsel to CEO, SLT and Board
Highly competitive salary plus bonus and benefits package.
Enable a safety-first culture that includes visible safety leadership, effective risk management and engagement in safety at all levels.
About the company
One of New Zealand’s largest co-operatives, with a purpose to grow shareholders success and a mission to harness their co-operative spirit, is driven towards focussing on the future challenges that the organisation and shareholders will face, aiming to not only assist shareholders succeed now, but well into the future.
With around 1000 employees, taking care of a shareholder base of more than 70,000 and spanning business units which offer retail, supply chain, manufacturing, fuel distribution, and more – this organisation is one of the largest and most diverse businesses and a major contributor to the primary sector economy.
Values include: Unity, Trust, Integrity, Courage, Influence and Forward Thinking.
About the role
Driving an adaptive performance-led culture, this role will lead the execution and provide advice at Senior Leadership Team and Board level.
This position will be responsible for driving major change initiatives that elevate Health, Safety and Wellbeing and as the catalyst for change, the role will drive the development and execution of strategy and plans across the business and the wider sector - determining future organisational requirements from an HSW perspective and developing a pathway to achieving these in line with the organisations vision.
Skills and Experience required
• Successful track record of HSW leadership in a large, complex organisation
• Experienced in the development of strategy and execution of such
• Solid performer in providing advice at SLT/Board level
• Lead, develop and empower a high performing and engaged team
• Create and maintain an adaptive, performance led culture with high levels of accountability
• Ensure robust and pragmatic programs are in place to support Health, safety and wellbeing
• Coach, develop and support direct reports to achieve strong team capability
• Exceptional influencing and communication skillset – inspire and engage
• Relevant Tertiary level qualification required
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #3289.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People