• Role to influence, mentor and advise five business units nationally
• Operationalise the Health and Safety strategy throughout
• MUST have relevant work visa/right to work in place prior to application
Our client is seeking a truly experienced Group Health and Safety Manager who is commercially sensitive to cover multiple business units with a dedicated focus on high/critical risks
About the role
You will have a strong and proven ability to align multiple businesses who currently operate with separate safety management systems, policies and procedures.
The role covers Auckland, Tauranga, Hamilton, Palmerston North, Wellington and Christchurch, with the majority of work being conducted in Auckland.
This is a senior leadership position reporting to the Managing Director and as such you will have strong business/commercial acumen and a credible approach when assisting the commercial team in their dealing with significant clients at the tender/bid stage, along with an excellent communication skillset and strong reporting ability.
Construction experience is preferred, however high risk/industrial experience will be considered – this is not a step-up role, only candidates with significant health and safety experience will be considered.
• Assist with creating the strategic direction and operationalise in a manner which gains buy in throughout the organisation
• Provide subject matter expertise as well as legislative and best practice/industry standard updates
• Align safety management system, policies and procedures to ensure one approach by all business units
• Identify critical risks and implement a risk register to systematically ensure relevant controls are considered, implemented and reviewed in a timely manner
• Assist with investigations of all incidents, focussing on learning opportunities and ensuring accurate root cause/s are identified
• Ensure relevant training is developed and provided as required
• And much, much more
Skills and experience required:
• Relevant tertiary qualification (OHS)
• Auditing and Training experience, with qualifications preferred
• Well networked within the safety circles in NZ
• Significant experience within high risk industries, preferably construction
• Proven ability to influence, mentor and coach at all levels
• Ability to build robust relationships
• Credibility at client level during tender/bid stage
• Cultivate direct reports to ensure one message to all
• Ensure a great communication process is in place to share information
• Incident investigation experience including dealing with regulatory authorities
• Influential and proactive by nature
• Great negotiation skillset, combined with a good level of diplomacy
• Flexible, with a real willingness to adapt to change in a fast moving and progressive company
About the company
With approximately 600 employees, our client is a company in growth mode, currently operating 5 business units with a mixture of very high/critical risks to lower risk profiles.
They are seeking someone who is a subject matter expert with an ability to provide the necessary advice and education at all levels of the company.
Our client is committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace for employees, contractors and visitors on all company premises and customer work sites but need help and someone to guide and lead them, in order to achieve this goal and to continually improve their performance in health and safety.
How to apply – please ensure you meet the criteria before you express your interest:
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
Registration with a relevant professional body and undergoing CPD is anticipated.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3201.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People