* Create the Group Health and Safety strategy and framework
* Influence culture change – provide solid advice and leadership
* Provide best practice Health and Safety oversight and delivery
* An excellent opportunity for the New Year - Australian and NZ business units
Work with the Executive team – develop and implement the Health and Safety Strategy and framework to ensure success
The company and role
This an excellent opportunity to work with a supportive leadership team, within a high-risk industry, providing the strategic leadership and sharing the vision and commitment to a positive and industry-leading Health and Safety culture at all levels of the business.
Reporting to the GM Operations you will support the business units in both Australia and New Zealand, ensuring integration within the overall risk profile, and championing best practice health and safety management.
This is an opportunity to really make your mark and lead a team to truly enhance the operational health and safety systems, processes and behaviours from a strategic level, providing governance, strategy, reporting and relationship management, sharing best practice with an innovative, engaging and influential approach.
You will be the subject matter expert and provide the right level of information to advise and influence in all areas of Health and Safety Risk Management. The position is a key advisor and will provide practical and focused advice to the Senior Leadership team.
You will have a proactive, can-do nature, as well as proven experience in facilitating multi-disciplinary groups to reach conclusions by working collaboratively.
Your structured approach, professional yet practical attitude and excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, will enhance the success and build respect both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will have a strong ability and proven success in order to Influence, change and improve the culture and processes and procedures, managing and balancing the strategic development and operational delivery while keeping it simple, pragmatic and effective
Skills and experience include:
* High risk manufacturing/construction background is essential
* Tertiary qualifications in Health and Safety are required
* Significant senior management experience in managing health and safety at a group level
* Sound knowledge of health and safety and other relevant legislation
* Demonstrated ability in providing health and safety advice and guidance at all levels, particularly executive and general management level
* Significant experience in a large, complex and geographically dispersed organisation
* Membership to professional body i.e. NZISM
* Strong analytical skillset, focussing on key information from a practical risk perspective
* Customer orientated, anticipate needs and clearly track performance
* Outcome focussed – results orientated – goes the extra mile and sets high standards for self and others
* Engaging and inspirational, motivating approach
* Excellent communication – prepare and deliver clear, concise, accurate, effective and persuasive written and verbal presentations
* Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others, through principled leadership and sound business ethics – authentic in approach
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via www.edenfx.co.nz
Not quite what you are looking for? Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2919.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People www.edenfx.co.nz