• High level, strategic leadership role on the Company Senior Leadership Team
• Shape the safety performance and culture for this large-scale trans-Tasman business
• Attractive and competitive salary package
This is a rare opportunity in the NZ market. We require an exceptional safety leader to deliver great outcomes
With over 4000 staff employed across sites in New Zealand and Australia, our client is a highly successful leisure and hospitality business. Operating in a fastmoving commercial environment, our client has a diverse and unique risk profile.
There is a strong commitment to safety at the highest level of the organisation; a newly established 3-year safety strategy has recently been endorsed by the board. A key objective will be to successfully deliver this across the group.
A member of the Company Senior Leadership Team, we require a forward thinking, experienced safety leader with a pragmatic approach to risk management. The role is suited to someone who can successfully engage with the board, senior leaders to drive strategic outcomes and influence operations at all levels. The appointee will grow the voice and culture of Health and Safety across all parts of the business.
Suitable candidates will require a high degree of resilience and drive, able to influence culture and manage a high functioning, successful team.
• Lead and implement a strategic safety plan across all operations
• Collaborate with the senior executive and organisational leaders, growing HSW awareness and ownership
• Communicate regularly with board
• Build powerful partnerships with relevant industry bodies
• Operate as a trusted SME in the business
• Ensure that robust governance programs are in place to support ongoing HSW Management
• Provide expert leadership to a team of 13 HSW specialists
• Manage departmental budget
• Ensure that robust reporting is in place and remedial actions are appropriated managed
Skills and experience
• Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills
• Proven ability to drive and deliver strategy
• Tertiary level Health and Safety qualification
• Minimum of 10 years relevant management experience
• Ideally a working knowledge of both NZ and South Australian regulatory requirement would be highly advantageous
• Excellent team management skills
• Leadership role within a high-profile NZ and Australian business
• Dynamic, fast paced commercial working environment
• Great benefits package
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on +64 9281 2724 quoting reference #3400. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
To applt directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/group-gm-health-and-safet...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People