Kia hiwa rā!
We are seeking a talented General Manager Safety & Wellbeing to join Ngāi Tahu Holdings.
Ngāi Tahu Holdings is transforming the delivery of corporate services by implementing a centralised support model for the group. This will see you working within a professional community of like-minded specialists to support a diverse range of businesses. Our objectives for the centralised support model are a superior service culture and excellence in service delivery.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer you will lead the development and evolution of a Safety & Wellbeing strategy to support and empower our operating businesses to manage their risks. You will work closely with Business Unit Managers to provide coaching, advice and support to decision-making. This is an exciting opportunity to influence our new ways of working, ensure service excellence to our customers and ultimately deliver value to Ngāi Tahu whānui.
Ngāi Tahu Holdings is the wholly-owned investment company of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu. Through the management of capital investment and operating a portfolio of commercial entities including Tourism, Seafood, Property, Farming, Forestry and Honey we have the collective responsibility to protect and grow the Ngāi Tahu tribal pūtea and Settlement assets for future generations "Mō tātou, ā, mō kā uri ā muri ake nei" (for us and our children after us).
We are looking for a talented and driven individual with:
- A tertiary or postgraduate qualification (s) in health and safety, ideally with previous experience in a similar strategic safety and wellbeing role.
- Strategic leadership experience and competence with a proven ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Working knowledge of the New Zealand regulatory requirements and administrative frameworks.
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing a health and safety management system.
- Proven capability in achieving health and safety performance improvement and experience leading cultural change within health and safety.
- Experience with emerging and good practice Safety and Wellbeing technical tools/platforms.
- An ability to analyse health and safety data and analyse trends.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, changing environment and enthusiasm for challenges.
- Strong customer focus and service ethic.
- Knowledge of Ngāi Tahu tribal structures and an awareness of and affinity for the needs and aspirations of Ngāi Tahu whānui
- Strong awareness of and affinity for the needs and aspirations of our ultimate stakeholders, Ngāi Tahu whānui.
- An ability and willingness to learn and engage in te reo and tikanga Māori.
In return we offer:
In return we offer a unique opportunity to work for a thriving iwi organisation. We pride ourselves on being a values-led organisation, investing in the professional development. You will have a unique opportunity to strengthen your understanding of te reo Māori and tikanga. We support the development of cultural confidence and provide a safe and supportive learning environment for kaimahi.
Click below to apply or for confidential enquiries, please contact Anteisha O'Connell on email@example.com