• Opportunity to work with a leading company in a challenging & rewarding role
• Competitive salary + Vehicle
• Job security
A large-scale civil construction and infrastructure services organisation is seeking a proactive and driven EHS Advisor for the region.
About the company
Our client is a national civil construction contractor, seeking a dynamic EHS Advisor to support culture change initiatives and safety performance in the region. Our client has embarked on an exciting and ambitious 3-year strategy to shift EHS mindset and performance, creating a line led safety culture. This is your chance to be part of a truly unique opportunity in the NZ civil construction industry.
About the role
With a can-do attitude and a genuine passion for EHS, you will work in close partnership with branch managers, operational teams and contractors – building robust relationships throughout operations. An ability to coach, guide and influence is essential. This is a great opportunity for a forward thinking, dynamic safety professional, committed to achieving EHS excellence.
It is essential that you have a strong understanding of EHS Legislation and familiarity with contemporary safety practices (safety II, BBS, DuPont etc). Prior experience with construction or a similar high-risk industrial environment is essential.
Duties will include:
• Provide high level professional advice to frontline workers, developing safety culture and awareness
• Build and develop effective, collaborative and productive relationships across the organisation
• Lead the growth and transformation of EHS performance
• Coach leaders and operational managers on safety best practice
• Report all Hazards and ensure effective control measures are implemented/maintained
• Be a visible and active team member
Skills and experience to include:
• 3-5 years civil construction or high-risk industry experience
• ICAM Trained, able to manage and close out investigations
• Knowledge of DuPont methodology would be advantageous
• Recognised tertiary level safety qualification
• Current, full and clean NZ driver’s licence is essential.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Kelly on 021 0805 9717 quoting reference #3719.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz