• Challenging and busy role that requires you to grow
• Company offers mutual support, promotes trust and rewards employees’ efforts
• Experienced Environmental Advisor required
Our client has a vacancy for an experienced Environmental Advisor to champion compliance and best practice within the business and across all its stakeholders
About the role
In this role you will be accountable for ensuring overall compliance of the business in all environmental matters. Reporting to the Branch Manager with a dotted line to the Area EHS Manager you will have the ability to hit the ground running. You must have a strong ability to coach, guide and mentor as well as being a competent trainer and can travel as required.
Prior experience in construction or a similar high-risk industrial environment is essential.
• Know the permits and consents in your areas and ensure compliance with all aspects of issued consents and permits
• Provide high level professional advice to the front-line leaders and workforce in your allocated area
• Coach workers on environmental best practice and help them to mitigate risks
• Implement the company Environmental strategy and deliver beyond compliance results
• Guide leaders on technical and competency requirements to ensure they are skilled and capable of managing all aspects of their work environment
• Ensure reporting of accurate information in a timely manner and allocate priority to key reporting functions as required or directed
• Review and submit accurate and quality reports / proposals
• Assist the Environmental Manager with environmental management systems and monitoring the risk register
• Conduct internal audits and assess results for compliance against regulatory, ISO14001 and business requirements
• Ensure that all project sites and leaders have an appropriate environmental plan in place
• Supply input as needed into tender questionnaires and requests for information
• Assist with investigation processes as requested
• Palmerston North location, with travel throughout Manawatu
• Maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders & keep up to date with industry trends
Skills and experience
• Solid experience as an environmental management professional
• Excellent knowledge of NZ environmental legislation and related codes / standards.
• Flexible, resilient approach with the ability to be decisive and resolve problems
• Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels within the organisation
• High level of attention to detail
• Mentor who focuses on building overall team capability.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the eden website:
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place
For more information Call Tracy Bryce on +64 9 930 9361 quoting the job reference #3195
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People