* Mentor, engage, influence – fantastic people skills required for this role
* Provide an EHS platform where all stakeholders can perform with excellence
* Guide, advise and support all stakeholders to achieve EHS success
Global company with a strong presence in NZ, require an ESH Manager to continue the great work from their Trentham base
Our client is a global company with a strong presence in NZ. Having commenced operations in 2010, they currently have 250+ employees and operate from six sites throughout NZ with primary customers who include; NZ Defence Force, NZ Police and Fire and Emergency NZ, in addition to other government bodies and the private sector.
Reporting to the AsiaPac Senior Manager for EESH - based in Melbourne, this role will be based at Trentham, Wellington.
The purpose of this position is to provide solid Environmental, Safety and Health guidance, advice and support to the Senior Management Team and all Business Units across NZ and ensure the education, knowledge and communication enables an environment which considers the safety of all.
You will be working within a fairly unique environment, in a practical manner, with a diverse workforce who enjoy security and longevity within the company, as well as consideration for work life balance.
Duties/Key Accountabilities include:
* Provide proactive EHS leadership, support and advice to all stakeholders
* Ensure legislative compliance and share updates throughout the organisation
* Compile and manage the annual plan, report and budget for EHS
* Assist with strategy development and implement for collaborative success
* Provide and facilitate training relevant to needs
* Conduct robust investigations, ensuring correct analysis of root cause/s
* Recommend controls to prevent reoccurrence
* Monitor and audit proactively to prevent incidents
* Lead the Risk Assessment and Management process
* Coach and educate – influence and motivate to do the right thing
* Administration and review of EHS Management System
* Above all else – be a fantastic engager and influencer!
Skills and experience
* Relevant tertiary qualification
* Proven technical experience in EHS
* Desirable – NZDF Training Certification
* Ability to obtain and maintain NZDF Secret Security Vetting
* Excellent working knowledge and understanding of all legislative requirements
* Previous experience within heavy/industrial manufacturing environment
* Proven ability in partnering with management to implement practical EHS solutions
* Highly computer literate
* Outstanding leadership skillset, proactive, influential and engaging
* Organised, outcome focussed, with excellent communication skills
* Self-motivated, with strong ability to prioritise
* Flexible, can-do attitude
* Highly developed sense of ethics and integrity
* Attention to detail with strong ability in providing accurate outputs
* Proven ability to lead, mentor and support staff
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for? Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2924.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People www.edenfx.co.nz