• Seeking a highly effective and motivated EHS Manager
• Knowledge and experience required in all three portfolios within high risk industry
• Excellent opportunity within a vibrant and positive organisation
Seeking an experienced, qualified and truly competent Environment, Health and Safety Manager, to influence, mentor and advise – forestry sector.
About the role
A superb opportunity for an innovative and experience EHS Manager to provide leadership across all portfolios within the forestry sector.
This is a senior position reporting to the GM Forests and as such, you will have significant experience in creating robust working relationships with key stakeholders and providing a high level of credibility, professionalism and integrity.
From setting the strategic direction within the business unit, through to the implementation phase of all environmental, health and safety initiatives, consistent with the organisation’s strategies, goals, objectives and strategic business plan, no day will be the same.
• Develop and implement a strategic plan to support overall objectives – forestry
• Provide fit for purpose, compliant and best practice EHS management systems
• Lead the way to ensure excellent understanding of responsibilities and accountabilities
• Provide environmental focussed leadership to foster continual improvement and compliance
• Lead a culture of improvement, champion and sponsor projects to enhance operational improvements
• Train and mentor at all levels to provide robust risk assessment and investigation outcomes
• Positively contribute to the forestry team and wider HSE team
• Maintain excellent relationships through regular communication
• Actively participate in industry forums to support ongoing development and implementation of EHS systems and culture programs
Skills and experience
As a senior member of the team you will collaborate, engage and influence at all levels and will therefore have proven experience in a high-risk environment within all three portfolios, ensuring suitable, accurate and up to date advice is shared.
Your experience in administering and applying for consents and implementing the requirements of the Resource Management Act, as well as ensuring your knowledge of Health and Safety legislation is up to date, will stand you in good stead for this position.
We anticipate the successful candidate will have significant high-risk experience (preference is forestry) and be well qualified at tertiary level in all three disciplines, including Lead Auditor.
You will be able to demonstrate professionalism and integrity, as a credible and trustworthy person who has held the respect of key stakeholders at all levels and have a very strong communication skillset - excellent verbal and written, with great attention to detail.
We are seeking a positive, influential and proactive person who is ready to roll up their sleeves and provide an outstanding experience to both internal and external stakeholders.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website:
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3227.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People