• As part of a Global Company, this position will lead and support at site level
• Working knowledge of MHF Regulations required
• Potential opportunity for future relocation globally
This is an exciting opportunity for an EHS Advisor to really make their mark, building on the current culture of ownership and accountability.
About the company
Our client is a global company who love to promote their people, whether that is within NZ or by providing opportunities in other parts of the world and relocating them and their families.
With the focus for this role being at their Auckland, New Zealand site working with wood treatment chemicals and related wood preservation technology, they have operations in various parts of the world, and remain at the forefront of international advancements - a leading name in worldwide wood protection.
From reliable backyard decking and landscape products to heavy-duty utility poles and marine docks and piling, their wood protection chemicals enable a sustainable natural resource to last longer than it otherwise could.
About the role
Major Hazard Facility experience is preferred, along with solid understanding of chemical/production environment.
An exciting opportunity to make your mark - you will be part of a highly successful global company, working at site level to ensure a solid understanding at all levels, utilising your skillset of educating, mentoring and influence to ensure all standards and major hazard facility regulations are complied with.
Reporting to the Site Manager (who is hugely supportive), you will have the autonomy to deliver programs which ensure an excellent level of engagement and understanding as well as buy in to safety new initiatives, policies and procedures.
• Overall supervision of the EHS management system as the site SME
• Support the day-to-day operational MHF and HSE requirements on site
• Work proactively towards reducing work-related injury/illness through effective behavioural based safety process and risk management
• Full EHS management system reporting on a monthly basis
• Support the team to ensure proactive risk identification and management
• Encourage accurate data recording/reporting of all HSE incidents and events
• Ensure all investigations are completed and closed out in an accurate and timely manner via ICAM or RCA methodology
• Ensure full Emergency Response capability and understanding
• Lead the safety culture through excellent stakeholder communication
• Liaise with all contractors, suppliers and customers
• Manage external relationships i.e. WorkSafe, ACC, Ministry of Primary Industries etc.
Skills and experience include:
• Relevant tertiary qualification (preference is Diploma level)
• Ability to take a leading role as the EHS Advisor on site
• Major Hazard Facility/Safety Case understanding – experience is highly desirable
• Certified to ICAM/TapRoot/RCA Methodology
• Excellent knowledge of legislation
• Proven ability in leading complex risk/process assessments
• Excellent communication skillset and computer literacy
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3798.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People