• Sought after Nelson location
• Stable global business
• Heavy manufacturing environment
• Competitive salary in highly sought-after location
Lead safety as part of the site leadership team in this established and sustainable business
About the company
An opportunity has presented itself to work for a stable and globally recognised company in beautiful Nelson. Supporting the construction industry as specialists in their field, they are committed to safety across their business, ensuring everyone gets home safe.
About the role
As a member of the site leadership team and reporting to the Site Manager, the Advisor works as part of a wider team to drive effective delivery of safety initiatives and process – leading by example and providing a visible presence on site.
• Conduct assessments and provide solutions
• Work alongside 3rd party providers to manage injury/rehab and return to work programmes
• Create annual improvement plans
• Conduct in house training
• Complete inductions
• Actively participate in investigations
• Provide expert knowledge on legislation and practical application
• Lead the onsite safety team
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in a similar or related manufacturing environment and have exceptional skill in engaging and communicating at all levels of a business. Keen negotiating skills and the ability to apply safety in a pragmatic manner is a must as is being able to identify areas of improvement.
• NEBOSH IGC or Level 6 Diploma
• Investigation training (ICAM preferred)
• Well developed oral and written communication
• Training experience is an advantage
• Ability to engage and mentor at all levels
As well as the opportunity to work in one of NZ’s most sought-after locations, our client offers
• Supported continued professional development
• Extensive employee discounts
• Medical insurance
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Amanda 021 0818 7342 quoting reference #3311.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/ehsr-advisor-3311-nelson/
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People