• Provide the governance, strategy and operational deliverables with current trends in mind
• Excellent opportunity for a strong influencer who understands culture change
• Dynamic go-getter required, with fantastic communication skills
Our client is seeking an innovative Head of OHS to lead the way – you may be a returning Kiwi looking for a health and safety role where you can really make a difference.
About the role and organisation
Working within the Healthcare industry is daunting for some however, the successful candidate will see this as an opportunity to really make a difference where it matters most.
As a key member of the Organisational Support Directorate and reporting to the Executive Director Organisational Support, this role will manage, lead and support all matters relating to OHS, including statutory compliance.
You will be excited to share your experience in order to grow and develop capability and embed a proactive culture of health and safety, together with providing the supporting systems and strategies necessary to achieve a successful outcome.
The Healthcare industry is one of the most important sectors in New Zealand. Our client strives to exceed the high level of care their diverse population demands and provides an environment which is dynamic, challenging, yet stimulating and rewarding. You will work alongside some of the most talented, passionate and specialised people in the world who are here to make a significant difference to the lives of all who live within the Waikato Region.
Skills and experience
This role requires an experienced and driven senior health and safety practitioner who has an ability to develop and progress culture.
You will have a strong ability to share your knowledge in a dynamic, enthusiastic and passionate manner, engaging at all levels to ensure a solid understanding is shared by all.
Experience with people management is also required – with around 8 direct reports, you will enjoy mentoring and assisting their career growth and personal development.
You will have:
• Energy, enthusiasm, experience and an excellent attitude
• Qualification in Health and Safety (preferably at degree level)
• Knowledge and technical expertise regarding Health and Safety legislation
• Significant experience in a senior management role, leading and developing teams
• Proven track record and extensive experience in building and sustaining collaborative working relationships in an environment which is dynamic - to enable effective change management
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skillset, plus excellent report writing skillset
• Ability to assess and make effective decisions in complex situations
• A modern and dynamic approach to health and safety
• Understand how to utilise data in order to improve quality, performance and growth
• Plus much, much more
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role – we welcome applications from returning Kiwis and those with the right to work.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 09 4248367 quoting reference #3168.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People