• 8-week contract role
• International manufacturing business
• South Canterbury location
Our client is seeking an experienced HSE contractor to provide BAU support for 2-3 months. Prior manufacturing experience is essential.
About the role
We require an experienced safety contractor to provide immediate BAU support onsite. Operating across the facility you will support, inform, engage and coach site operational staff, ensuring their teams are safe and healthy. This is an autonomous role and you’ll be expected to hit the ground running. Prior high-risk manufacturing is a must.
• Provide Health and Safety BAU support
• Maintain site compliance with standards and procedures
• Ensure that any incidents are appropriately actioned and closed out
• Support managers with case management and review ACC claims
• Maintain ISO14001 compliance
• Manage reporting and training systems
• Ensure effective control of risks
• Administer the online safety management system (Mango)
• Drive employee engagement to create ownership of safety
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have solid experience, preferably in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Excellent communication and engagement skills are a must.
This is a standalone autonomous role on site. There is a functional reporting line to the GM and National Safety Manager. Crucially, you will be able to manage your time, prioritising tasks as necessary and enjoy a varied day.
• Minimum Level 4 Certificate in OHS (Diploma preferred)
• Proven experience in a manufacturing environment
• A strong understanding of manufacturing processes and risks
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Preferably ICAM trained with a knowledge of Mango SMS software
• The ability to prioritise and work in an autonomous role
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the eden website:
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. We are not able to consider applicants from overseas or who do not hold a current work visa.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 027 584 0066 quoting reference #3187.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz