• Senior leadership role within Oil & Gas
• Permanent role Qatar
• Competitive salary plus benefits package in a free tax country
A large-scale Petrochemical company with cutting edge technology related to converting oil to other liquids is seeking an experienced leader to drive the HSE performance across the business.
About the role
A HSE Manager, you will be responsible for driving health, safety and environmental performance in a zero-harm manner. You will ensure compliance with all HSE regulations and relevant international standards.
Crucially you will provide expert HSE leadership, developing and executing HSE a strategic plan to the business. This will enable company Health and Safety goals to be achieved.
Reporting to the Chief HSE Officer, you will be operating at a strategic level, implementing initiatives and systems that will drive best practice and further develop the HSE culture.
It is essential that you have hands on experience of working in an Oil & Gas environment, as well as the proven ability to engage and influence at all levels within the organisation.
Duties will include:
• You will provide day to day HSE leadership, direction and planning for the achievement of functional objectives
• Develop, implement and maintain HSE strategy to support top quarterly performance within the industry
• Lead and foster a safe and healthy preventative working culture
• Develop and maintain an environment related Community Project to enhance the community
• Lead the growth and transformation of HSE performance through coordinated and collaborative working
• Develop and implement best practices for chemical handling and identification, spill control, waste management and emissions monitoring
• Maintain, review and update the HSE policies on a regular basis to ensure relevance and alignment with overall corporate policy
• Provide strategic direction, identifying best industry practice.
• Direct and administer risk & hazard assessments and HAZOPs to be used in the development of appropriate studies, procedures, work instructions and Safe work
• Take responsibility for the identification of continuous improvement opportunities of Department’s systems, processes, practices, cost reduction and productivity.
• Establish and maintain an effective Safety Watch program for critical site work including implementing the contract for manpower supply, provide qualified training and
manage the schedule.
Skills and experience to include:
• Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Safety or Environmental Sciences or an equivalent discipline.
• Recognized HSE Certification (NEBOSH or equivalent).
• 8 - 10 Years of HSE experience in an industrial environment with at least 5 years in a petrochemical company is considered essential.
• Thorough knowledge of international standards for management of Health, Safety, Environment and Risk such as OSHA (USA), NFPA, ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001
• Previous Middle East working experience would be highly beneficial
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format, via Jobs@edenfx.co.nz.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Khaled on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #3039.