• Auckland based Health and Safety Manager role
• Drive engagement and influence culture
• Tier 1 construction company
An innovative and expanding Tier 1 construction company is seeking an experienced manager to drive EHS performance across multiple Auckland based projects.
About the role
Due to the ongoing expansion, our client is seeking an experienced construction safety manager to join their team. Based in Auckland CBD and reporting to the Project Manager, you will influence safety performance assisting with the implementation of risk-based health, safety and environmental policies, practices and services. Crucially you will engage with individuals at all levels of business raising awareness and building rapport.
Suitable candidates must have proven construction experience, with a practical approach to safety management. Visible leadership and engagement skills are essential in this fast paced, demanding environment. From an academic perspective you will require a minimum Cert IV, ideally tertiary level qualified.
It is essential that you have a strong understanding of NZ construction HSE Legislation, as well as the proven ability to engage and influence at all levels within the organisation.
Duties will include:
• Develop, implement and maintain EHS strategy, initiatives and systems for the business.
• Identify trends and risks, developing reports/recommendations for the monthly management meetings.
• Lead and foster a safe and healthy preventative working culture.
• Ensure appropriate operational meetings with the project team and subcontractor are held regularly.
• Conduct regular audits and reviews.
• Promote a safety conscious environmentally aware culture.
• Support site managers to ensure subcontractors compliance with site-specific SWMS.
• Oversee and support the investigation, recording and evaluating of incidents and injuries, recommend and implement approved changes to work methods, policy and procedures.
• Lead the growth and ongoing improvement of HSE performance through coordinated and collaborative working.
• Provide strategic direction, identifying best industry practice.
• Build and develop effective, collaborative and productive relationships across the organisation.
Skills and experience to include:
• Significant health and safety experience, with at least 5 years within a construction environment.
• Recognised tertiary qualification (Post Grad Diploma in Health & Safety or NEBOSH IGC etc.).
• Excellent knowledge of NZ legislative.
• Able to drive engagement with strong communication skills.
• Able to travel to Auckland CBD on a daily basis.
• Current, full and clean driver’s licence is essential.
• High level of business acumen and able to deliver results.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan Cooke on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #3047.