• High Risk Mining Industry – significant OHS management experience required
• Waikato based
• Develop the strategy - ensure robust implementation and collaboration
Our client requires an experienced OHS Manager - high risk industrial background to take the lead, with an exceptional and proactive can-do attitude.
Our client is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company, proudly producing over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year, employing over 450 people. They require an exceptional Health, Safety and Compliance Manager to take the lead at their Waikato based sites.
Collaborate with the OHS and Training Team and other departments to develop strategy, plan and implement the OHST functions, in compliance with the company policy and in pursuit of a Zero Harm Culture.
You will evaluate and report on the effectiveness of site occupational health and safety activities, review data and work practices relating to the competence and wellbeing of people, the integrity of equipment, safe handling of materials/substances and full manage of the OHS System, Standards and Procedures.
Duties, skills and experience required:
• Provide the strategy to effectively deliver a continuous improvement function within the Occupational Health and Safety Management System
• Create, review, improve and implement the SMS as required, providing for a robust risk management and assessment process
• Mentor, encourage and ensure all team members and key stakeholders have the necessary tools and information for safety success
• Relevant tertiary qualification (minimum Diploma level)
• Significant industrial/technical Health and Safety experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skillset
• Auditing experience and qualification
• Solid understanding of legislation
• Outcome focussed and a natural problem solver
• Motivating, influential and engaging personality
• Practical by nature, with solid ability at leadership level
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #3032.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People