• High Risk Mining Industry – experience required
• Bring your outstanding health, safety and training coordination skill-set
• Waikato based
Our client requires an efficient Health, Safety and Training Coordinator to support the team with ensuring full awareness of health and safety onsite.
Our client is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company, proudly producing over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year, employing over 450 people.
They require an exceptional Health, Safety and Training Coordinator to bring a proactive approach and ensure all stakeholders have a full understanding and awareness, of their responsibilities and accountabilities within the Occupational Health and Safety Management System at this Waikato mine.
Supporting the Health, Safety and Compliance Manager and other team members to ensure full collaboration, awareness and education is shared throughout the site and in compliance with the company policy, in pursuit of a Zero Harm Culture.
You will provide an administration function, monitor the accuracy and completion of reports as well as develop and present toolbox talks – no day will be the same, in this varied role.
Duties, skills and experience required:
• Coordinate for effective delivery of a continuous improvement function within the Occupational Health and Safety Management System
• Engage, encourage and ensure all stakeholders have the necessary tools and information for safety success
• Relevant tertiary qualification; risk management, training, investigation etc.
• Great industrial/technical Health and Safety experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill-set
• Practical working knowledge of legislation
• Outcome focused and a natural problem solver
• Motivating, influential and engaging personality
• Practical by nature, with solid administration and coordination skill-set
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via email@example.com
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #3033.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People