Job Reference: #3024
• As part of a Global Company, this position will lead and support at site level
• Working knowledge of MHF Regulations required
• Mentor, educate and influence to achieve positive results
This is an exciting opportunity for a safety leader to really make their mark, building a culture of ownership and accountability throughout
About the role
This really is an exciting opportunity to make your mark. You will be part of a highly successful Global Company, working at site level to ensure a solid understanding at all levels, utilising your skillset of educating, mentoring and influence to ensure all standards and major hazard facility regulations are complied with.
Reporting to the Environment, Health, Safety and Quality (EHSQ) Manager, you will receive great support but also have the autonomy to deliver programs which ensure an excellent level of engagement and understanding as well as buy in to safety new initiatives, policies and procedures.
• Overall supervision of site EHSQ management system
• Lead the day to day operational MHF and HSEQ requirements on site
• Ensure prevention of work-related injury or illness through effective behavioural based safety process and risk management
• Full EHSQ management system reporting on a monthly basis
• Support the team to ensure proactive risk identification and management
• Encourage accurate data recording/reporting of all HSEQ incidents and events
• Ensure all investigations are completed and closed out in an accurate and timely manner via ICAM or RCA methodology
• Ensure full Emergency Response capability and understanding
• Lead the safety culture through excellent stakeholder communication
• Liaise with all contractors, suppliers and customers
• Manage external relationships i.e. WorkSafe, ACC, Ministry of Primary Industries etc.
• Maintain and coordinate the internal quality assurance program activities
• Lead the team to develop accreditation status – ISO 9001
Skills and experience
• Relevant tertiary qualification (min Diploma)
• Experienced in taking a leading role as an EHSQ Advisor on site
• Major Hazard Facility/Safety Case understanding – experience highly desirable
• Certified as lead investigator; ICAM/TapRoot/RCA
• Excellent knowledge of legislation
• Proven ability in leading complex risk/process assessments
• Excellent communication skillset and computer literacy
About the company
Our client is a Global Company with their focus at their Auckland, New Zealand site being on wood treatment chemicals and related wood preservation technology.
With operations in various parts of the world, including NZ who keep them at the forefront of international advancements, our client has become the leading name in worldwide wood protection.
From reliable backyard decking and landscape products to heavy-duty utility poles and marine docks and piling, their wood protection chemicals enable a sustainable natural resource to last longer than it otherwise could.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via email@example.com
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 320 4431 quoting reference #3024.