• EHS Advisor role within civil construction
• Be the agent for change - drive and influence culture across the region
• Rotorua / BOP Location
A large-scale civil construction and infrastructure services organisation is seeking a proactive and driven EHS Advisor for the region.
About the role
Our client is a national civil construction contractor, seeking a dynamic EHS Advisor to support culture change initiatives and safety performance in the region. You will require a can-do attitude and possess a genuine passion for EHS. Working in close partnership with branch managers, operational teams and contractors – you’ll build robust relationships throughout operations. An ability to coach, guide and influence is essential. This is a great opportunity for a forward thinking, dynamic safety professional, committed to achieving EHS excellence.
Reporting to both the Area EHS Manager and Branch Manager, you will form part of a small, dedicated team on site.
Our client has embarked on an exciting and ambitious 3-year strategy to shift EHS mindset and performance, creating a line led safety culture. This is your chance to be part of a truly unique opportunity in the NZ civil construction industry.
It is essential that you have a strong understanding of EHS Legislation and familiarity with contemporary safety practices (safety II, BBS, DuPont etc). Prior experience with construction or a similar high-risk industrial environment is essential.
Duties will include:
• Provide high level professional advice to frontline workers, developing safety culture and awareness
• Coach leaders and operational managers on safety best practice
• Be a visible and active team member
• Organise and deliver site-based training
• Lead the growth and transformation of EHS performance
• Conduct thorough ICAM Investigations
• Ensure all EHS plans and documentation are in place and regularly reviewed
• Identify areas for system improvements
• Report all Hazards and ensure effective control measures are implemented/maintained
• Conduct site audits
• Build and develop effective, collaborative and productive relationships across the organisation
Skills and experience to include:
• 3-5 years civil construction or high-risk industry experience
• ICAM Trained, able to manage and close out investigations
• Recognised tertiary level safety qualification
• Knowledge of DuPont methodology would be advantageous
• Excellent knowledge of NZ legislation including HSE, ACC, HSNO and industry guidelines and standards.
• High level engagement/communication skills – able to coach, influence and drive change
• Current, full and clean NZ driver’s licence is essential.
How to apply
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
To Apply Click here:https://edenfx.co.nz/job/environmental-health-and-...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Justin Pearson on 021 657 334 quoting reference #3314.