• Site based operational Health and Safety Advisor
• National infrastructure and industrial services business
• Career development opportunity
Support this national business achieve its Zero Harm goals, operating in a supportive and high functioning safety team
About the company
This is a diverse, established business, consisting of multiple divisions and over 500 staff. Committed to innovation and staff development, this infrastructure and industrial services business is a market leader within its field. They work with some of New Zealand’s most well-known organisations in the civil construction and manufacturing space.
About the role
Primarily Auckland CBD based with a reporting line to the National HSEQ Manager and Project Manager. In this site-based role you will support the business on a range of key projects. You’ll need to engage with all levels of operations, developing relationships and driving engagement. A pragmatic, get up and go attitude is essential. The role is suited to someone who can function with a high level of autonomy, creating positive safety outcomes. Prior experience of working in a construction or industrial environment is key.
The business holds ISO 9001 and 14001 certification; you will ensure compliance against these standards.
• Provide HSEQ support to line managers
• Site and document audit
• Drive zero harm philosophy and support culture change initiatives
• Assist and deliver investigations/reports
• Ensure compliance against ISO standards
• Maintain Vault SMS
• Plan and deliver HS training
Skills and experience
As the project/site-based champion for safety, you must be able to engage with employees and contractors, coaching where needed to ensure practical application of safety and environmental requirements within the business.
• Prior experience with relevant industrial or construction related environment
• Pragmatic approach, able to influence, coach and engage
• Able to operate in a complex business with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Demonstrable experience in environmental management or resource consent
• Relevant qualification in occupational health and safety
• Able to stay away on a scheduled basis for major shut down projects
• Full clean, NZ driving license
How to apply
To apply click here:https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-and-safety-advisor...
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. Overseas applications cannot be considered for this role.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #3312
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People