- Discounts to a wide range of training courses and conferences.
- Member rates at all NZISM events.
- FREE job vacancy placement.
- You can claim your professional membership as a tax-deductible expense.
- Branches nationwide and growing every year
- Connect with your peers to discuss broad occupational health and safety subjects or niche issues.
- Meet new people and have fun!
Interact with both national and international specialist speakers with our extensive webinar programme. No matter where you are located you can stay connected and informed with our webinars which span the highly technical to the softer business skills.
Training & Events
NZISM member rates at a range of industry events and conferences.
National seminars and events held at each of our national branches.
- An ongoing continuing professional development (CPD) programme available to all members
- FREE access to NZISM's online myCPD platform where you can self assess your knowledge gaps, create personalised Development Plans and log your ongoing CPD activities.
- An internationally recognised and aligned accreditation programme, guiding a member from the start of their career to retirement. Acknowledging your academic background and workplace experience, this accreditation programme gives you the opportunity to benchmark your capability against your peers.
- A professional membership pathway in conjunction with International Health and Safety bodies, helping you fast track your career.
- Proudly display your post nominals once accreditation is achieved.
Our successful mentorship programme offers an opportunity for those on the NZISM accreditation pathway to be supported in their career by an experienced member of the NZISM network. The programme enables personal development of both mentees and mentors.
- As the largest professional body for health and safety practitioners and professionals in New Zealand, you join a community of passionate and respected professionals.
- Representation / participation on various NZISM committees and industry interest groups
- Professional representation for practitioners amongst industry, Government and in the media.
- Membership entitles you to full voting rights at the NZISM AGM.
- Join our member only LinkedIn page to share ideas and engage in discussions on a variety of OH&S topics.
- Join our Facebook page to stay up to date on relevant industry information and the latest news.
- Access some of the industries premium tools such as OHS Body of Knowledge (maintained by SIA), OHS Professional Capability Framework (maintained by INSHPO).
- Access to the RPL Self-Assessment Handbook
- As well as access to a variety of other papers, tools and presentations to support your capability development in health and safety
- Receive our fortnightly newsletter, NZISM News, and keep informed of developments in the health and safety industry, access CPD events, secure early registration to events and keep abreast what's going on with our hard working Senior Leadership Team.
- Have you got a good health and safety story to tell? Membership to NZISM gives you the opportunity to share your insights in our fortnightly newsletter.
- As a founding member of HASANZ, NZISM membership means you are represented at this expert advisory group to guide effective health and safety policy in New Zealand.
- Membership to NZISM gives you eligibility to apply to list on the HASANZ register, once you have achieved Graduate status via the NZISM accreditation programme.
As a signatory to the INSHPO Singapore Accord and a member of the INSHPO Board of Directors, NZISM members are well represented in this international network. This gives us access to valuable research, tools and practices to enhance and drive capability of OH&S practice at an international level.
Insurance is available for self-employed & consultants: NZISM has an arrangement to simplify access to a suite of relevant insurance products
Receive a certificate confirming membership of NZISM which can be proudly displayed in your offices.